No system is perfect, but I am doing the best that I can:
1. PCs and mobile devices protected by anti-virus and anti-malware programs.
2. Password-protected home network, wrapped in a virtual private network, which is also used by the mobile devices when they aren’t linked to the home network.
3. Different usernames and passwords for every one of dozens of sites that require (and need) them.
4. Passwords created by a complex spreadsheet routine that generates and selects from random series of upper-case letters, lower-case letters, digits, and special characters.
5. Passwords stored in a password-protected file, with paper backup in a secure container.
6. Master password required for access to passwords stored in browser.
Measures 4, 5, and 6 adopted in lieu of reliance on vulnerable vendors for password generation and storage.
Suggestions for improvement are always welcome.